The High Commission to Follow Up Affairs of Political Prisoners and Detainees
Program of Solidarity Activities and Support for Arab And Palestinian Political Prisoners in Israeli Jails
The Uprising for Dignity and Freedom
The High Commission to Follow up Affairs of Political Prisoners and Detainees invites freedom lovers throughout the world and the Palestinian people including official, popular and grassroots organizations and professional associations to participate in the solidarity activities planned to support our detained heroes that are on hunger strike in Israeli prisons. The strike is to protest the inhuman incarceration conditions and the arbitrary and grave practices by the Israeli occupation authorities.
The hunger strike aims at improving the prison conditions in accordance with internationally recognized human rights principles and provisions of the international humanitarian law in an effort to safeguard their dignity and rights. The Commission asserts the strike has no political agenda whatsoeverand should not be exploited for any individual or
Sunday 15 August 2004:
- A press Conference will beheld 12:00 noon at the Information Center in Ramallah;
- Erection of solidarity tents in city centers or near the offices of the International Committee of the Red
- Cross (ICRC);
Wednesday 18 August 2004:
- This day will be declared a national day in accordance with the decision of the Palestinian
- Ministerial Council;
- Popular and peaceful marches will start from solidarity tents at 1:00 PM; Politicians and civil society leaders are invited to go on a one-day hunger strike.
Friday 20 August 2004:
- Peaceful marches to start immediately after Friday prayers throughout Palestinian districts and will head towards the solidarity tents;
- Calls will be made to the Arab and Islamic countries to join in solidarity with the Palestinian political prisoners.
Saturday 21 August 2004:
- Popular sit-ins in solidarity with the prisoners throughout the Palestinian districts;
- Peaceful marches inside Israel and will head towards Israeli prisons.
Sunday 22 August 2004:
- Popular marches will begin immediately after Sunday mass and will head towards the solidarity tents.
Monday 23 August 2004:
- Children of Palestinian prisoners will head in peaceful marches that will start from solidarity tents.
Wednesday 25 August 2004:
- Palestinian lawyers and legal professionals, in uniform, will march at 1:00 PM from solidarity tents.
Thursday 26 August 2004:
- Central activity in Ramallah will be a peaceful march from the Friends school yard at 12:00 noon. The march will be headed by Aaron Gandhi, grandson of the spiritual leader of India Mohandas K. Gandhi. Free transportation will be available.
Friday 27 August 2004:
- Popular marches starting after Friday prayers and will head towards solidarity tents.
Saturday 28 August 2004:
- Night vigils will start at 8:00 PM right in front the solidarity tents.
Sunday 29 August 2004:
- A hunger strike and sit-ins at the solidarity tents throughout the Palestinian Territories.
Glory to the Martyrs, Freedom to all Prisoners
High Commission to Follow Up Affairs of Political
Prisoners and Detainees